counter

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Year!

Well, we are only 6 days into 2010, but it has been uplfiting, so far.
 
My newest client ( a 4 1/2 year old girl) is doing VERY well.  I've PLAYed with her for less than 10 hours and her mom reported that not only has SHE seen an improvement, but the extended family has even noticed a difference.

 Yesterday, I received a voice mail from the father of a former client (we worked together for a little over a year.  I haven't seen her in 6-7 months) to thank me for helping them apply for the Children's Waiver.  They qualified and are now getting many services that they couldn't have afforded (or even known about), beforehand.  It was such a pleasing surprise to get that acknowledgment.

My morning boy (just turned 2) is doing so well--he is imitating sounds now and just greets me with a big smile and a hug. I saw him later on, when I was taking another client (age 11) to PT at the same place his brother was getting speech. 

I had 4 clients yesterday, with a total of 7 hours PLAYing.  I thought I would be totatlly exhausted when I got home (especially since last client lives 45 minutes from me), but I was wide awake and ready to roll.  

Today I am subbing in a general ed high school classroom.  I forgot how boring it can be.  At least I have another kid after school for 4 hours.  That will bring my energy level up.


Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLAYing with Passion

Autism, Floortime, PLAY Project
&copy